Grandma Kidney’s “Apple of my Pie” Apple Pie Recipe
Submitted by Abigaile Wells
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 1/2 Cups of frozen concentrated apple juice
6 Medium Granny Smith apples
2 Tablespoons of Corn Starch
1/8 Teaspoon of salt
1/2 Teaspoon of Madagascar Vanilla
A dash of Cinnamon
2 Cups of Flour
3 Tablespoons of Wheat Germ
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1/3 Cup of Oil
1/2 Cup of Water
Baking instructions for Crust:
1. Mix water and oil together in a bowl. (They do say opposites attract)
2. Begin to add flour, wheat germ, and salt to bowl while stirring generously.
3. After combing all ingredients, separate dough into two sections. Roll each section and place them between wax paper. This will make the top and bottom crusts.
Baking instructions for Filling:
1. Thaw frozen, concentrated apple juice.
2. Core all 6 of the apples, no relationship can thrive on a rotten core. Then slice and chop the apples.
3. Place apples in an oven safe dish and place the oven on a low temperature. Place apples in the oven until they are partially baked.
4. Once the apples are ready, place them in a separate dish and add the juice!
5. In a separate dish, add cornstarch, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Place the dish on the stove top (low heat) and begin to stir until the mixture is thickened.
6. While the mixture is cooking, place one of the pie crusts in a pie dish for the shell.
7. Pour the mixture into the pie pan on top of the shell.
8. Put top crust in place, then flute the edges as desired.
9. Slit the top of the pie to allow steam to escape.
10. Bake pie at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Once done baking, share this sweet treat with your own “Apple of your Pie”.